13 October 2007

Alexander McQueen S/S 08

For me, McQueen's S/S 08 show saved the season. Generally, I was slightly underwhelmed by the offerings up to this point but from my first glimpse of this collection I was awe-struck!

It so perfetly encompasses what a fashion collection, in my opinion, should be: it is cohesive; meticulously well-made and formed; uses beautiful and varied fabrics of different textures, patterns and materials; is styled brilliantly; has amazing accessories which are inherent to the collection rather than forcing themselves upon it; offers a variety of garments which appeal to all ages; and, above all, is visually satisfying both in terms of viewing the garment and what it does for the body.

Thus, I feel that McQueen has truly outdone himself this season. He has stepped up a level within the echelons of fashion-design. He has not only established himself in the very elite-est league of high-end fashion, he has shown us exactly how good he is, and quietened the nay-sayers of his last collection (which I adored!!). He has really pushed that very signature Alexander McQueen style which is imperative for any design-house. And, yes, I say "house" not to be presumptuous but with full belief that the house of McQueen has many, many successful years ahead of it.

Oh, and did I mention the hats?!?! Bloody genius. Kudos to Phillip Treacy, these are nothing short of genius.


Alice Karlie Heidi Natasha Emma Jessica Masha Daiane Egle Kinga Magdalena Alice Vlada Alana Chanel
(Pics courtesy of Style.com)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer posts Older posts