21 September 2007

Anna Sui S/S 08

This is my favourite Anna Sui collection in as long as I can remember and it was also a highlight of New York Fashion Week for me. I just loved that it didn't take itself too seriously. I adore the hair and make-up, too! So out-there, so bright, so clashing - it's fabulous.

I love how Sui has combined pastel yellows, blues and greens with harsh - almost neon - pinks, blues and purples. She has also contrasted girly dresses and waist-lines with tough, structured shoulders and kick-arse heels. It should look like a mess but, for some reason, there is a real cohesion to this collection.

It's bright and fun, but also really dark and a tad sinister. Maybe ironic-punk? Anyway, it works. So hats off to Anna Sui!

Chanel
Julia
Suvi
Suvi
Lily
Irina
Snejana
Snejana
Du
(Pics courtesy of Style.com)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer posts Older posts