16 June 2009

Calvin Klein Resort 2010 collection

So far, I think this is pretty much the only Resort 2010 collection that has done anything interesting (though Rag & Bone warrants an honourable mention just because I like the style).

The way these fabrics seem to float about the models' bodies is divine and I think the colour palette is simply sublime. Such a seductive gris, and how do they manage to make beige not look mumsy? The cut of the pants is just wonderful; perfectly balanced between strict and easy, giving this sort of smart sophisticated nonchalance. The jackets are oversized but their transparency makes them effortless and subtle. Such refinery could only be Francisco Costa for Calvin Klein.

I love that Costa is playing with asymmetry, I love his daring use of sheer fabric. I love the shoes. I love the surface simplicity and the fact it masks a delicate intricacy. I can only imagine what it feels like to wear these garments: light.

And with lightness in mind, this is probably the only 'Resort' collection that makes the thought of a 'Resort' holiday appealing.

If this is anything to go by, Calvin Klein SS10 is going to be out of this world.

Taylor Hanne Diana Dree Kasia Hanna (Pics from Style.com)

3 Comments:

Blogger Mila said...

Wow gorgeous.i love those soft colors...

23 June, 2009 16:51  
Blogger preppygoesrock said...

i am so inlove with the gold oxford shoes... its so chic and kinda like chanel in a way... the clothes were amazing and simple too... it was all in those small details that made me want this collection!
check out my blog:
http://preppygoesrock.blogspot.com/
http://preppygoesrock.blogspot.com/
http://preppygoesrock.blogspot.com/

24 June, 2009 03:26  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

where can I find the gold oxfords??? I am obsessed.

05 November, 2009 23:15  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer posts Older posts