23 July 2008

Test in the house.

On Sunday 13 July I styled a test, the location was my house. My bedroom and our terrace and garden, to be precise.

I was pleasantly surprised with the shots. It goes to show that you really can create a fantasy with fashion, even when you don't have much to work with. All the clothes are my own, the set is self-styled, and the budget non-existant. I was a bit apprehensive about all this, wondering what the point was and why we were wasting our time. But it has reminded me that usually it's best just to do something rather than worry about how you're going to do it.

That said, the images are far from ideal and there's lots of things I would do differently. But it's all a lesson, an experience, and I think we all learnt something and had a great day. And that's something worthwhile in itself, fashion or not.

Photography: Kevin Wong
Style: Eleanor Rose
Hair & Makeup: Yandis Ying
Model: Amber Anderson @ Independent

I had my Lomo with me, of course, so voila: some "on set" pics!

1 Comments:

Blogger KATLIN said...

How fun! I've always wanted to do a mini photo shoot with my brother, but never get around to it. And soooo true about just doing something then thinking too hard about how to do it. I think way too much about things and end up wasting a butt load of time.

24 July, 2008 12:41  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer posts Older posts