21 April 2007

Autumn Winter 07/08 Round-Up (Part 1)

Short. Sweet. Concise. That's what I'll try to make this round-up of my favourite AW 07 collections, models, accessories, make-up, hair, etc. Maybe we'll even see some sort of a thread coming through of what sums up AW 07? Let's see ...

Moschino: Sweet, pretty, and feminine whilst being sexy and strong. Moschino in a nut shell? Models: Heather, Behati.
Miu Miu: Simple, beautiful, straight-forward ... Intricate, detailed, delicate. Colours are fantastic. Miuccia is a genius. Models: Kasia, Serafima.
Marc Jacobs: Grungy blue hair circa 1997 teamed with conservative pants/suits in shades of grey ... rad. Models: Katia, Zosia.
Marc by Marc Jacobs: Marc for the kids! Cool. Grunge. Comfy. Winter ... with a hint of chic. I heart Marc. Models: Suvi, Carol, Laragh, Chanel.
Louis Vuitton: Loving this classy, sleek new Louis Vuitton look. Chic from head to toe. Nice use of colour, too. Models: Irina, Catherine, Vlada. More shoes to add to my "wants"-list. Damn, these are fine!
Lanvin: Lanvin gave a great collection, but I was most taken by the divine shoes and the black wigs that all the girls were marched out in. Lovely make-up, too. Model: Ali.
Karl Lagerfeld: These shoes! Are! Amazing! I love! Them! So punk-rock.
Jil Sander: I love Raf Simons' constancy. Classic, beautifully made, tailored and structured garments, which are nothing but Jil Sander. I love singularity in fashion. Models: Alice, Sasha, Johanna.
Jill Stuart: As I always say, contrast is king, consistancy is king. This collection combines both those elements. Extremely strong. Great colour. Stuart kept herself firmly on track with this one. Models: Alyona, Carolina.
Givenchy: Chic, elaborate, tough, laid-back. Givenchy went cool this season. Models: Lisa, Kim, Raquel.
Chloe: A really new direction for Chloe = fantastic! I love the limited colour-palette and the edgier feeling to this collection. Yet it still retains that very "Chloe" feel. Models: Han, Kinga. A must-have shoe for AW 07! I ADORE THESE!! Anyone got a spare $3000? Haha!
Chanel: Classic Chanel teamed with a great winter vision and classy, classy, classy styling! I really loved this collection. Models: Lily, Bruna
The hair and make-up was sensational. How divine, the girls were given that flushed look one gets in winter! Model: Gemma
Balenciaga: I can't describe how much I love this collection ... perhaps structure, motif, RTW and innovation equals perfection? Models: Magdalena, Sheila Genius shoes! I'm thinking Lego! Gemma Ward for Balenciaga! She was in fine form for this show, loved it! PS. This make-up is divine, the "Balenciaga gang" as Raquel Zimmermann calls it!
Alexander McQueen: future world vs. ancient Egypt vs. McQueen. We're all winners. Model: Egle
Ann Demeulemeester: black, white, masculine, epitome-cool. Model: Nataliya

OK, so maybe I'm not very good at being "short", "sweet", or "concise" when it comes to fashion, but you get the idea!

(All pictures courtesy of style.com)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer posts Older posts