3 January 2007

The shoes were fab: some of my favourites of s/s 07

For s/s 07 two key threads became apparent. One was the chunky, chunky, high, high heels. The other was the flat shoe. These polar opposites were key trends that season.

There were lots of bright colours, decorations, buckles and tassles a la Prada and Lacroix. Another trend which was pretty obvious was the cut-out heel. Which reminds me of a tea-pot for some reason. In fact, the actual heel of the heels really became a feature, proving that it's not always about the straps. This look was seen at Viktor & Rolf, Missoni, Vuitton, Sander and Chanel.

It was still a lot about ankles with many of the shoes either buckling at the ankle or rising above or to it. Brown was very popular and there were a few designers who really played with heel-height, steering away from those polar opposites mentioned above. For example, Sophia Kokosalaki and Gucci.

However, I really feel for those models who had to wear those dangerously high heels. Catwalking would be scary enough without that added risk-factor. Nevertheless, they fared well and, more importantly (I think), looked fantastic!

Here are some of my picks:

Yves Saint Laurent - I'm thinking .... lavender!
Viktor & Rolf - these are so fun and pretty!
Tuleh - I love this heel.
Sophia Kokosalaki - radical.
Prada - oh! the contrast!

Miu Miu - dancing shoes!!!!
Missoni - so feathery ... so fab.
Marc Jacobs - so lovely.
Marc by Marc Jacobs - trekking shoes and Indian shoes = so cool.

Louis Vuitton - "I'm a little (pretty) tea-pot!"
Lanvin - ooooh, plasticy!
Jil Sander - these are soooo stylish! Jil Sander is the god of minimalism!
Jean Paul Gaultier - now this is a cooool idea!
Gucci - I love this height, it's so rare these days ... Reminds me of the 90's ...
Givenchy - strappy, chunky, cool.
Giambattista Valli - so classy! So rouge!
Fendi - more colour!
Emilio Pucci - this colour!!!
Dries Van Noten - sand-shoes crossed with high-heels ... cool as.
Donna Karan - is that elastic?
Comme Des Garconnes - divinely punk. I want these both.

Christian Lacroix - so OTT
Christian Dior - nature-scape?
Chloe - THESE ARE DIVINE!!!!!!!! Chloe had the best shoe-range by FAR.
Chanel (love the pearl!)
Carolina Herrera - cutest EVER.
Balenciaga - I'm thinking ... TRANSFORMERS!!!
Anna Sui - rock 'n' roll and oriental-pirate ... I like it!

Which are your favourites?

(pics: style.com)

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

wow!...great collections...i dont think i will get these shoes from my favorite josef seibel collections...

20 October, 2007 17:15  
Blogger irlandalı said...

Chloe - THESE ARE DIVINE!!!!!!!! Chloe had the best shoe-range by FAR.
this is best

27 May, 2009 19:13  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer posts Older posts