16 November 2010

Capture The Fade

A little while back I posted about Jack's picture Late-Crap-it-all-ism, which he entered in the Ampersand Magazine photography competition, Capture The Fade, judged by one of my favourite photographers Bill Henson. Now, two months later - the fifteen "winners" and nine "highly commended" photographers having been announced - Jack's photograph and several others (including one by yours truly) are being installed in the recently opened 'not for profit artist run space' The Paper Mill in Sydney.


This is really exciting! It's the first time my photography has been exhibited properly (except for student shows) and I'm really proud of the image Bill has selected, which is of a very dear friend's son Joe, taken on New Year's Eve 2009 at my house in London with my Canon Sure Shot Z70w Caption camera.


This image will be printed at around 16x20 inches and will be available for sale (another first!) noneditioned via Ampersand and The Paper Mill. All the Capture The Fade finalists images will be published in Ampersand Magazine's forthcoming issue 'The Fade' in February 2011.


Unfortunately I'm out of town so will miss the exhibition but anyone who's free on Wednesday night should head down to the opening from 6pm and check out the pics! Bill Henson will be speaking and announcing the overall winner and I think you might even find a glass of wine or two hanging around. If you can't make the 17th you have until the 27th to check it out during gallery hours. If you do get down there, please let me know what you think, I'd like to hear about it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

These are some wonderful shots! Just wondering; what film did you use for them?

24 July, 2013 02:03  
Blogger Nor said...

Hi Jessica, I used regular 35mm colour, probably Kodak 400 :)

24 July, 2013 03:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer posts Older posts