12 May 2007

RADDEST GIRLS

You may or may not remember but a few months back there was a little bit of talk about the idea of making "Raddest" magazine. Now, obviously, at the moment, that is a HUGE pipe-dream, however, I have put together some fun self-created "pola-sheets" of my own. They're a tad tacky, but lots of fun - maybe you could make some of your own?

I simply adore polaroids, digis and any natural-looking pics. This is why I'm such a fan of COACD's continual posting of numerous models' polaroids; The Sartorialists' never-ceasing mission for sartorial-superbity (is that a word?) displayed via his street-snaps; Supreme's continual pushing of boundaries when it comes to what constitutes a model's polaroid sheet, thanks to Paul Rowland; and lots of other inspiring things when it comes to the photographing, editing, and presentation of a model.

So, without further ado, here are the pola-sheets, created by me for Raddest Right Now, featuring Manon, Heidi Pett, Louise and Eleanor (LOL). They're a bit of fun, a bit satirical, but also very serious. The juxtaposition is that these could be models' polaroids ... but they're not. That each features a shambles of random pictures, which mesh together in our minds and form one single image of that girl in our brains. This single image, in turn, leads us to think either "I like her" or "I don't like her" ...

Think very carefully about this, I'd love to hear your thoughts.







Go on, say it!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess it depends on what kind of magazine you want. Louise totally smbodies one spectrum, which is the hipster girly one.

12 May, 2007 20:26  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like the last one as a modal

22 May, 2007 18:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer posts Older posts