25 January 2007

Haute Couture (SS07): Jean Paul Gaultier

Here's some maths for you:

Q - If JPG RTW = amazing, and JPG HC = amazing, what does JPG = ?

A - Amazing. (Full stop).

I loved JPG's retrospective ss07 collection, but I think I'm loving his HC collection even more. I love the minimalism with decadence idea. It's really beautiful. I really love the halo head-pieces (I'm definitely sensing some religious theming ... ) and the 20's channelling that's going on!

Anyway, this collection, as well as being fabulous, has impeccable hair and make-up and that is VERY important. It's gotten me VERY amped for JPG aw07!!

Can't wait, man!

Eugenia - in a beautifully stylish LBD with , pockets and PIG-TAILS! Adoring.
Behati - this sits perfectly. Exactly how HC should be! Great fabric, too.
Lily - another perfect fit, and a perfect model-choice, too. The colour looks fabulous on Lily and I love the sleeve-length.
Erin - as soon as I saw this, I thought: stained-glass windows in a cathedral. Exactly!
Morgane - sparkly disco combined with churchy goodness ... is this a theme, Mr. Gaultier?

Tell me your thoughts!

pics: style.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer posts Older posts